Our objective is to raise $100,000 in the next 3 years via private and corporate donations. These funds will directly support the sponsorship of children in grades kindergarten-12, making it possible for them to participate in creative and academic pursuits. Initiatives include but are not limited to the following:
Odyssey of The Mind:
- What it is: An international educational program that provides creative problem solving opportunities for students from kindergarten through college. Team members apply their creativity to solve problems that range from building mechanical devices to presenting their own interpretation of literary classics. They then bring their solutions to competition on the local, state, and world level.
- 2 Sides Equal role: We will fund the participation of students and coaches (enrollment, supplies, travel) in the Pennsylvania Odyssey of the Mind.
Art & Music:
- What it is: The arts should not be considered a luxury, simple creative activities are some of the building blocks of child development. Learning to create musically and appreciate visual aesthetics may be more important than ever to the development of the next generation of children.
- 2 Sides Equal role: We will help to fund programs that support students in their passion for art or music.
- What it is: Many areas have programs such as camps and workshops that promote creative and divergent thinking. These programs focus on areas such as music, theater activity, dance, visual arts, photography, video, recording arts and creative writing.
- 2 Sides Equal role: We will provide a scholarship to a student eager to participate in a camp or program that supports creativity.
As 2 Sides Equal continues to grow, we will support additional programs.
What To Expect
Exercising both sides of the brain is critical to the successful development of one's creative problem solving skills. By doing so, students can expect:
- Improved academic performance
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Character development
- Greater confidence
- Preparation for today's world
How to Participate
Would you like to participate in one of our student initiatives? Parents or teachers can recommend their children or student/student groups. Students can apply directly as well. Simply fill out the form and we will contact you.